Willow Crest Therapy is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Under the GDPR I have a duty to make all clients and supervisees aware of the following:
Reason for collecting Personal Data/Information
I collect relevant personal information from clients and supervisees to enable a working record of contact information, in case of emergencies (explained within Confidentiality Statement) and for the ongoing work in the therapeutic or supervisory relationship.
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address and phone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Electronic devices are all password protected
- Personal data is kept for up to 7 years after our work has ended
- I do not print or keep any hard copies
- All data is fully encrypted and will be disposed of securely and thoroughly
You can request the full disposal of all data relating to you at any time, during our contact or after.
Your rights under GDPR
- You have the right to request access to your client record and receive an explanation of what is held within it.
- You have the right to withdraw consent, to request erasure or correction of your client record, to request portability, or to object to or restrict collection and processing of your data.
- You have the right to know the source/s of personal data not originating from yourself, and the right to not receive unsolicited marketing.
- You have the right to be made aware of any automatic decision making processes (e.g, profiling) and any significance and consequence for yourself.
- You will be made aware of any data breaches within 72 hours. You will be compensated for any damage or distress caused by the data breach.
- You have the right to complain to the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) if you are unhappy with the data processing arrangements, and to engage representation from a not-for-profit body in doing so.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
CHANGES TO THESE POLICIES
Effective Date 08/06/2020